The cabbage is very well known for its properties in Ayurveda. Its high content of Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, E, C, K, calcium, iron, iodine, potassium, sulphur, phosphorus and foliate makes it a superhero among the category of leafy vegetables.
It helps in making our immune system strong, has a good amount of potassium which reduces blood pressure, delays ageing and makes hair stronger, reducing hair fall.
It is considered as a ‘superfood’ for its amazing medicinal properties, such as:
- Cancer fighting
- Treats colitis
- Aids weight loss
- Prevents acute ulcers
- Help combat inflammation
- Fights anemia
- Skin improvements in texture and glow
- High level of antioxidants
- Prevents premature ageing
- Stronger hair and reduction in hair fall
- and much more…
There are many types of cabbage juice, this one is a very easy one I use to do. I hope you like it. You only need a couple of minutes for the preparation, however, you can only consume this after 3 days.
You will need:
- 3 cups of chopped cabbage and about 500 ml of distilled water (or boiled water)
- Small pot
- Mesh strainer
- 2 1-liter jars
How to prepare it:
- Boil water in case you don´t have destilled water.
- Put the chopped cabbage into a blender, and pour water into it. The blender should be about three-quarters full.
- Blend at low speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Blend the mixture at high speed for 10 seconds (in order to have some small pieces of cabbage in the juice).
- Pour the mixture into the 1-liter jar. Seal it tightly.
- Let the jar sit at room temperature for 3 full days. This will hasten fermentation of bacteria in the juice, which can support good digestive function.
- After three days, open the jar and pour the contents into another jar using a strainer. This should help separate the solid parts from the liquid.
- Cap the jar and store the juice in the fridge. This juice is best served when chilled.
This juice is good for 1-2 servings.
This cabbage juice is packed in nutrients like L-Glutamine and gefarnate and improves your digestive system.